Psychologist literally means a psychologist. Psychologists study the behavior or ways of acting of a group or individual; explains the reasons with the knowledge and skills learned and tries to produce solutions. psychologists; can work in different areas such as prison, clinic, hospital, courthouse, forensic medicine, school or factory.
What Does a Psychologist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Contrary to popular belief, psychologists are not just people who listen to clients. Practitioner or research psychologists can work in different fields and without clients. Although they work in different fields, psychologists have a general job description and are listed as follows;
- To apply the tests for which he has been trained and certified,
- Sharing test results with specialist psychologists, psychiatrists, physicians or institutions requesting the test,
- To provide psychological support in the area where he is assigned,
- Making psychological assessments
- Establishing a cause and effect relationship,
- Studying drives, behaviors, and motives.
What Training Do You Need To Become A Psychologist?
To become a psychologist, it is necessary to graduate from the psychology department of universities. Psychologists who have a master's degree in any branch of psychology are entitled to become specialist psychologists. Psychologists can work in different areas such as courthouse, school, hospital, clinic or army according to their specialization.
Features That Should Be in a Psychologist
- Having high observation skills and seeing different aspects of events,
- Not to judge or humiliate individuals,
- Not to go out of business relations with individuals,
- To follow publications on continuous self-development and psychology,
- To be able to adapt to the language of individuals and to understand what they say,
- Have high concentration
- To be interested in fields such as philosophy, anthropology and sociology apart from psychology,
- To follow newly developed tests and techniques.
Psychologist Salaries 2022
As psychologists progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.410 TL, the highest 17.160 TL.