Treasurer; It is the person who provides the money in and out of places such as banks or offices. The cashier, who has to complete the cash transactions completely in accordance with the law, can make or receive payments from the cash desk in public institutions.
The cashier is the person who ensures that the money he collects or pays in the institutions or organizations he works for is recorded. He finds employment opportunities mostly in private institutions. While completing the transactions of the money in the safe in accordance with the law, it also ensures the protection of the cash.
What Does a Cashier Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
As the teller is constantly concerned with cash flow, the duties he undertakes are also very important. The duties of the treasurer can be expressed as follows:
- Ensuring that the money received is sufficient for daily transactions,
- Putting the money received for daily transactions in the safe against signature,
- To complete the necessary procedure for the collection of bills while checking the checks payable,
- If he is a cashier in the bank, fulfilling the customer's requests to open or close an account,
- To give a receipt for every money collection made,
- Making the necessary entry in the accounting book at the end of the day,
- Closing the safe by showing that the money entering and leaving the safe at the end of the working hours overlaps,
Requirements to Become a Cashier
Although those who graduated from "Office Management" are employed as cashiers, it can be said that those who graduated from the "Banking and Finance" department are more in demand in the sector in recent years. While the Office Management department provides associate degree education, the Banking and Finance department provides undergraduate education.
What Education Is Required To Become A Cashier?
The education of those who want to become a cashier is usually on economics and finance. During the trainings; Introduction to Banking, General Accounting, Economics, Money and Banking, Bank Accounting and Reporting, Basic Banking Services, Econometrics, Management Organization in Banking, Law of Obligations, Commercial Law, Finance Mathematics and Portfolio Analysis.
Treasurer Salaries 2022
As the cashier progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.690 TL, the average 7.120 TL, and the highest 10.660 TL.