Fuel pumper; It is the name given to the personnel who refuel the road vehicles at the fuel sales station, provide technical services to the customers, collect the sales price, and perform the control and maintenance of the fuel tanks in the station. In this profession, the task of refueling vehicles is undertaken. In other words, people working as pumpers at fuel stations are the personnel who refuel vehicles for millions of people who own vehicles. In order to give a detailed answer to the question of what a fuel pumper does, it is necessary to examine his duties and responsibilities.
What Does a Fuel Pumper Do, What Are His Duties and Responsibilities?
Fuel pumper; He is obliged to comply with the general working principles, occupational health and safety rules and fulfill the environmental protection requirements at the station where he works. The job description of the fuel pump may vary according to the general needs of the business. In general, the duties and responsibilities of the fuel pump can be explained as follows:
- Carrying out the process of discharging the fuels coming with the tanker to the station tank,
- Directing customers' vehicles within the station,
- To ensure the cleanliness of the pump vehicle,
- Determining and fulfilling the customer's requests,
- programming the pumps,
- Selling to customers coming to fuel stations,
- Filling the tanks of incoming vehicles with fuel,
- Controlling the amount of fuel loaded on the vehicle from the pump screen,
- To complete the engine oils of the vehicles to the required level,
- To complete the radiator, battery and glass water of the vehicles to the required level,
- To control the tanks in the station,
- Collecting the sales price from customers,
- It is among the responsibilities of the fuel pumper to fill the customer's vehicles with fuel, add oil and provide the necessary maintenance.
What Education Is Required To Become A Fuel Pumper?
The question of how to become a fuel pumper can be answered as, for these professionals, they must have completed at least primary education. In addition, liquefied petroleum gases (LPG) autogas stations vehicle filling personnel (pumpers) training is required for the personnel who will work at LPG autogas stations. It is obligatory to obtain this certificate in order to be a pumping personnel at LPG autogas stations. Within the scope of this training, candidates for professions LPG market legal regulations and standards, LPG technical specifications, occupational health and safety, environmental regulation, LPG installation elements and rules to be considered, rules to be considered while filling, safety precautions, fire safety and first aid They acquire theoretical and practical knowledge on important issues such as Responsible managers, tanker drivers, tanker filling personnel, test and inspection personnel and pumpers working in LPG markets receive certificates by participating in the trainings given by the Professional Chamber of TMMOB.
What are the Requirements to Become a Fuel Pumper?
Candidates who want to be a fuel pumper may be required to be at least primary or high school graduates. In addition, having received training related to the position is to provide candidates with an advantage in job applications. In addition, some important criteria must be met for people who want to work as a pumper at fuel stations. These criteria are:
- At least primary school, preferably high school graduate,
- Preferably having experience and ability in sales,
- To be in features that will not be affected by the smell of fuel,
- Having work discipline
- Being responsible and working carefully,
- Having strong representation skills
- To be able to adapt to intense and flexible working tempo,
- Being patient and prone to teamwork,
- Being suitable to work the night shift,
- Having fulfilled his military service,
- Being open to learning
- Having a smiling, calm and positive personality,
- To have advanced communication skills.
Fuel Pumper Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of the employees in the position of Fuel Pumper are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average is 6.830 TL, and the highest is 11.380 TL.