Agricultural engineers find solutions to agricultural problems related to soil and water conservation, processing of agricultural products by using engineering technology and biological science.
What Does an Agricultural Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- To advise on diseases that may occur in agricultural products,
- Creating and implementing a plant pest control plan,
- Ensuring seedling production and certification,
- Testing agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance,
- Supervising crop storage, animal shelter and animal product processing processes,
- Conducting studies on water quality and pollution management, river control, underground and surface water resources,
- Organizing training programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Supervising food processing or manufacturing plant operations,
- Designing and supervising environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related sectors,
- Planning and constructing electricity-power distribution systems in rural areas,
- Establishing irrigation, drainage and flood control systems to protect soil and water
What Education Is Required To Become An Agricultural Engineer?
To become an Agricultural Engineer, it is necessary to graduate from the Agricultural Engineering Department of universities.
Features Required in Agricultural Engineer
- To have the analysis ability to identify the basic principles and reasons by considering the data in separate sections,
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrate high verbal and written communication skills,
- To be able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and carry out work,
- Ability to manage team
- Successful business planning and zamprovide moment management,
- No military obligation for male candidates; having completed, suspended or exempted from military service.
Agricultural Engineer Salaries 2022
As Agricultural Engineers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.420 TL, the highest 10.690 TL.