A computer engineer is responsible for researching, designing, developing and testing computer hardware and equipment, including chips, analog sensors, circuit boards, keyboards, modems and printers. Mainly deals with software, programming and algorithm.
What Does a Computer Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
A computer engineer can be an expert in different fields such as information systems management, computer systems analyst and software application developer. The general professional responsibilities of the computer engineer, whose job description differs depending on the field of expertise, are as follows;
- Performing regular hardware tests using existing technology and test tools,
- Perform validation testing for new and reconfigured motherboards.
- Performing regular maintenance activities and troubleshooting computer hardware,
- Updating existing computer equipment and integrating new technology into old equipment,
- Working in collaboration with the software development team to create new mobile applications,
- Providing technical support to administrative staff for internal network functions and use of any internet-enabled application,
- Checking the company's cloud storage accounts to ensure they are protected from potential hacking threats.
- Anticipating needs and supplying spare hardware equipment when needed.
What Education Is Required To Become A Computer Engineer?
To become a computer engineer, universities have to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the four-year Computer Engineering department.
Features Required for a Computer Engineer
The other qualifications of the computer engineer, who are expected to have excellent technical competence and demonstrate problem-solving skills, can be grouped under the following headings;
- Having the ability to think analytically,
- Detail-oriented work and being able to concentrate for a long time,
- To have creativity and critical thinking,
- Demonstrate an inclination to teamwork,
- Willingness to learn professional innovations,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Computer Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the Computer Engineers are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 8.440 TL, the highest 18.230 TL.